A new digital mammography machine, Hologic Selenia Dimensions 3D Tomosynthesis, has been put into operation at the ARS Medical Centre situated at 5 Skolas Street in Riga in February 2017, aimed at providing the best health care services to our patients.
This is the second Hologic Selenia Dimensions machine for breast cancer detection launched by the ARS Medical Centre for 3D tomosynthesis mammography in a row.
Up to now screening exams using a Hologic Selenia Dimensions digital mammography machine were only possible at the ARS Diagnostics Clinic, a branch of the ARS Medical Centre situated at 3 Jāņa Asara Street in Riga. As a one-stop medical institution, the ARS Breast Disease Centre provides the widest range of options for breast disease diagnostics: mammography with tomosynthesis, mammary ultrasound, mammary MRI as well as invasive breast examination methods: fine-needle aspiration biopsy, core needle biopsy and vacuum-assisted biopsy.
Due to the rapidly growing demand and for the convenience of our patients, a new machine has been installed at the ARS Medical Centre. The medical centre includes a Women’s Consulting Unit, which enables performing a tomosynthesis mammography exam immediately after a visit to the gynaecologist at the same location in the Centre of Riga. For your convenience, exams are also available during the weekend (on Saturdays and Sundays). No previous appointment is required for 3D tomosynthesis mammography; the slots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The mammography results are evaluated by doctors-radiologists:
- On Sundays the exam is available at a discount and costs EUR 50.15 (the standard cost is EUR 59.00)
- For women aged from 50 to 69 the exam is FREE OF CHARGE if done as part of a publicly-funded mammary screening exam programme upon receipt of an invitation letter from the National Health Service (NHS)
- Upon referral by a medical specialist – Pricelist
- The exam is covered by insurance companies (depending on the type of insurance policy you have).
- It is advised to perform a mammography exam from Day 5 to Day 10 of the menstrual cycle.
- The exam is not performed during pregnancy.
- Patients with breast implants must show a physician’s referral and an implant certificate.
Tomosynthesis mammography is available at:
|ARS Medical Centre|
5 Skolas Street, Riga
Phone: (+371) 67 201 016
No previous appointment is required
|ARS Diagnostics Clinic|
3 Jāņa Asara Street, Riga
Phone: (+371) 66 929 750
An appointment is required